Review Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder
Fresh is Best
In the world of coffee, freshness can be measured in seconds. By the time even five minutes has passed, ground beans have started to lose their flavor. Grinding beans every time you want fresh espresso takes time, though, and oftentimes it becomes a tradeoff between taste and convenience. The Breville Barista Express solves this problem, delivering fresh, quality espresso at remarkable speed, thanks to its integrated burr grinder. Go from beans to espresso in under a minute—all in the comfort of your own home.
Café quality espresso in your home
Espresso making is notorious for being both an art and a science, requiring you to carefully adjust each of the inputs (grind size, grind amount, etc.). But even complete beginners and aspiring baristas can pull a perfect shot from the Breville Barista Express. For beginners, it comes with two dual-wall, pressurized filters that regulate pressure and help optimize the extraction. For more experienced baristas, the Barista Express includes two single-wall, non-pressurized filters that give you more room to experiment with different grind sizes, grind amounts, and tamping pressure. As either a crash-course or a continuation study, the Barista Express gives you free rein to explore the art of espresso.
In addition to its integrated burr grinder, the Breville Barista Express has an Italian-manufactured 15 bar pump and thermocoil heating system that ensures accurate regulation of water temperature for a full-flavored espresso. A pre-brew function and flat shower head make sure that the water is optimally distributed through the coffee puck. The Barista Express also has several helpful features, such as a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction, so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. Lastly, it has a stainless steel 360 degree swivel-action steam wand for lattes and cappuccinos.
For beginners and aspiring baristas alike, the Barista Express makes good espresso accessible and easy to make.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The Breville Barista Express is built from high-quality materials so the resulting machine is as sturdy as possible. No-slip feet keep the machine from sliding across the counter when the burr grinder is activated. The Barista Express is housed in a sleek stainless steel casing, making it an attractive and timeless addition to any kitchen. The entire unit is easy to clean and comes with a hideaway storage compartment for the included cleaning tools, in addition to an easily removable drip tray.
- Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper: stainless steel conical burrs optimize extraction of flavor from the bean by maximizing the surface area of the grinds. Use freshly ground beans for every shot for more full espresso flavor. Hopper has locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer of coffee beans.
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials: choose among grind settings from fine to coarse and adjust the amount of freshly ground espresso dosed into the filter basket.
- Filter size button: indicate whether you are using a single- or double-wall filter basket and the grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for the appropriate filter type.
- 54mm tamper: for expert tamping control. With magnetized storage, but removable for easy tamping.
- Hands-free grinding cradle: push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into the filter. Grinder automatically stops when the indicated amount has been dispensed.
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter: with commercial style spouts.
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank: top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
- Volumetric control: preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride, or reprogrammable shot volumes.
- Espresso pressure gauge: monitors espresso extraction pressure.
- Thermocoil heating system: integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
- Clean me light: indicates when a cleaning cycle is required. Cleaning kit included.
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand: for effortless milk texturing.
- Auto purge function: automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- Removable drip tray: partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with ‘Empty me!’ indicator for when it’s full.
|Model||Dual Boiler||Barista Express||Infuser|
|Weight||30 lbs||23 lbs||17 lbs|
|Heating system||Dual boilers, stainless steel||Thermocoil, stainless steel||Thermocoil, stainless steel|
|Temperature control||Electronic PID (for better temperature stability)||Electronic PID (for better temperature stability)||Electronic PID (for better temperature stability)|
|Pump||Dual Italian pumps||15 bar Italian pump||15 bar Italian pump|
|Water tank||84 fl. oz. top-fill and rear-fill||67 fl. oz. top-fill with handle||61 fl. oz. top-fill with handle|
|Water filtration||Yes, 1 year supply||Yes, 1 filter||Yes, 1 filter|
|Accessories||2 x 58mm dual wall filter baskets, 2 x 58mm single wall filter baskets, 58mm integrated tamper, stainless steel milk jug, cleaning tool, cleaning disc and tables, allen key, water filter holder and filters, coffee scoop||2 x 54mm dual wall filter baskets, 2 x 54mm single wall filter baskets, 54mm integrated tamper, stainless steel milk jug, cleaning tool, cleaning disc and tables, allen key, water filter holder and filter, coffee scoop||2 x 54mm dual wall filter baskets, 2 x 54mm single wall filter baskets, 54mm integrated tamper, stainless steel milk jug, cleaning tool, cleaning disc and tables, allen key, water filter holder and filter, coffee scoop|
|Pre-infusion||True low pressure (gradual ramp up)||Triple prime (3 burst full power)||True low pressure (gradual ramp up)|
|Volumetric control||Preset, manual over-ride or reprogrammable||Preset, manual over-ride or reprogrammable||Preset, manual over-ride or reprogrammable|
|Dry puck feature?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Auto purge?||Not required||Yes||Yes|
|Steam wand||360 degree swivel, 3 hole tip||360 degree swivel, 1 hole tip||360 degree swivel, 1 hole tip|
|Hot water||Yes, dedicated outlet||No||Yes, dedicated outlet|
|Concealed storage tray||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Breville assist plug||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Other||Over-pressure valve (OPV), actively heated group head, heat exchanger (HX), programmable extraction temps, programmable pre-infusion, backlit LCD, espresso shot clock, auto start, audio alerts (high, low, mute), drop down swivel foot||.5 lb bean hopper, conical burr grinder, grind size dial, grind amount dial, hands-free grinding cradle|
|Housing||Stainless steel; parts that come in contact with water, coffee, and milk are BPA free||Stainless steel; parts that come in contact with water, coffee, and milk are BPA free||Stainless steel; parts that come in contact with water, coffee, and milk are BPA free|
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder with ½lb bean hopper
- 15 bar Italian pump
- 1450W stainless steel thermocoil heating system
- Adjustable grind size and grind amount settings
- Preset, manual over-ride or re-programmable shot volumes
Best espresso machines
- The coffee maker helps you make your choice of different coffees such as lattes, mochas using the espresso and milk frothing function
- The high performance 15 bar pump pressure has a dual cup dispense combined with 7 g and 14 g filter holders to allow for one or two cups
- The milk frothing arm mixes steam, air and milk to produce a rich, creamy froth, and with the espresso function creates required coffees
- The water tank is easily removed or for extra convenience can be filled in-situ, with a 1.2 L capacity can provide 8 espressos
- The filter holder and tamper will help you create the required crema on your espressos to ensure you can enjoy a high quality coffee
- Use ESE pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder.
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- On/off indicator light
- Filter holder with crema device
- Make coffee shop style espressos, lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate in the comfort of your own kitchen
- 4 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided
- Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required. Compatible with ground coffee.
- Features milk frothing arm, temperature gauge and removable drip tray. Includes coffee measuring scoop with tamper. Power: 850W, Size: 30.5 x 23.5 x 29 cm
- 15 bar Pump Pressure
- Professional Steam Arm for frothing milk
- Filter Holder and Tamper
- Removeable 1 litre Water Tank
- Accepts full-size cappuccino or 2 espresso cups
- Stylish bean-to-cup espresso/cappuccino machine with professional 15-bar pump pressure
- Suitable for fresh coffee beans, ground coffee
- Traditional stainless steel milk frothing arm and built-in burr grinder
- Advanced dual boiler system, removable brewing unit and drip tray, active cup warmer and adjustable height dispenser
- Bean-to-cup quality with simple 1-touch operation
- Smart Espresso Coffee Machine with eye-catching brushed stainless steel design
- 15 bar pump makes a perfect crema for professional quality, barista-style coffees at home
- Steam wand froths milk so you can enjoy authentic lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos
- Cup warmer ensures delicious hot coffee every time, hot water function allows other drinks to be made too
- Dishwasher safe accessories!
- Thermoblock heating systems
- 15 bar professional pressure
- Ready to use in 35 seconds
- Manual milk frother
- Anti drip system
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Exclusive and easy-to-clean safety inspection value patented by Bialetti
- Personalised coffee as the blend quantity and quality can be selected directly in the filter - makes 5-6 cups of espresso coffee
- Made in Italy with food grade aluminium and heat resistant nylon
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 11.4. Hand wash only
- Dual-shot brewing to make 2 single shots at once, aluminum alloy filter holder attached with dual-stainless filter to improve coffee quality can make ground coffee
- Die-casting aluminum alloy boiler, with safety vale, can automatcially release pressure device. Safe and reliable, with overheating and overpressure proteched device
- The drip tray is easy to remove, washable for collecting coffee drips, keep brew space neat and clean. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups
- The 1.6L detachable transparent water tank is simple to remove, refill and reattach, and the water level is easily visible to eliminate the guesswork
- Simple pushing button operation, 3 switches with indicator lights to make coffee or steam fast and conveniently
- Create coffee house standard drinks in your own kitchen - makes espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas and hot chocolate
- Powerful 15 bar pump pressure produces a delicious cream and a stronger, more flavourful coffee. Built in cup warming plate ensures drinks stay at the perfect temperature
- Can accommodate two espresso cups at once or one full size cappuccino cup. Steaming feature with steam control dial and steam wand produces perfectly frothy milk.
- Features detachable drip tray and removable 1.5L water tank. Comes complete with coffee measuring scoop. Dishwasher safe parts
- Make and enjoy espressos, cappuccinos and lattes
- Thermoblock heating system makes this machine ready to use in just 40 seconds
- 15 bar professional pressure
- High gloss finish with chrome detailing
- Works with ground coffee or ESE pods
- Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability, resulting in balanced flavours in the cup
- Hot Water function dispenses hot water from the steam wand spout for Americanos and pre-heating cups
- Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- Low pressure pre infusion gradually increases to provide an even extraction
- Easily adjustable steam wand for texturing milk
- Features: 850 watt power output, Makes one or two cups, Milk Frothing and steam function, Hot water button, 15 bar high pressure pump boiler for full bodied coffee, Safety valve to auto release pressure, 1.2L, detachable water tank, Removable and washable drip tray
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: H31.5 x L19.5 x D29cm
- Weight: 3kg, Care Instructions: Clean exterior with a moisture proof sponge. Clean water tank, drip tray, removable shelf and metal funnel in water.
- Guarantee: 2 years, Assembly: Fully assembled. Full instructions provided.
- Intergrated Magnetic Induction Milk Frother
- Easy to load capsule
- Stop & Go button for easy control
- 800 Watt espresso and cappuccino machine with 4-cup carafe capacity (240ml) 3.5 bar working pressure for rich taste coffee. With frothing function for making cappuccino, espresso, latte & more
- Safety boiler cap with built-in valve, release pressure automatically system, aluminum alloy filter holder with protective thumb guard for safe use Single knob for function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off, easy control with indicator light Stainless steel decoration, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning, carefe with water level gauge, 0.02 inch stainless steel filter
- 800W - 320mm (w) x 200mm (l) x 332mm (h) single illuminated dial makes it easy to operate GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified, BS Plug
- Contemporary red and black design will add a stylish splash of colour to your kitchen.Compatible with ground coffee. Features milk frothing arm, removable drip tray With 4 cups stainless steel filter, Aluminumum Alloy filter holder, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning
- 3.5 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required.
- MAKE PERFECT ESPRESSOS - Make delicious Italian barista style espressos at home.
- MILK FROTHING - Milk frothing function so you can make luxurious lattes or great tasting cappuccinos.
- EASY TO USE - No complicated settings, pods or attachments, just traditional coffee making at its best.
- SIMPLE CLEANING - The removable drip tray and filter holder can be removed for easy cleaning.
- STYLISH - Add a touch of sophistication to your home with the modern, sleek design of this Italian espresso machine.
- High glossy finishing with chrome details
- Auto off function after 20 minutes
- ECO button to modify the auto off time
- Transparent and removable water reservoir (capacity: 1.4 L)
- Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use
- Compact, solid, hand-powered portable coffee machine for perfect espresso on the go
- Simple to fill and operate
- Built-in espresso cup and scoop
- Holds up to 7g of coffee; Water capacity of 70ml ; 8 bar pressure
- Dimensions: 17.5cm x 7cm x 6 cm; Weight: 360 grams; Materials: PBT, PP and stainless steel. 100% BPA free
- Inbuilt grinder takes you from whole beans to espresso in under a minute
- Automatic hands free dosing, delivers a consistent volume of consistently ground coffee into your filter with one-touch
- Low pressure pre-infusion gently soaks the coffee allowing it to expand prior to its high pressure extraction for a balanced taste
- High pressure steam output for barista quality milk texturing
- Separate hot water wand for pre-heating cups or making a long black or an Americano
- Easy to use - fully automatic drink preparation with a press of a button
- Enjoy more than 35 drinks varieties from famous brands
- No heat up time after switch-on; ready to start your drink instantly
- Compact design to fit the smallest of spaces
- Easy cleaning; automatic cleaning and descaling program and dishwasher proof parts
espressomachinessale.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.Last update on 2017-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API