Review Cuisinart EM-100 1000-Watt 15-Bar Espresso Maker, Stainless Steel
Imagine a cup of your favorite espresso, cappuccino or latte – hot, rich, fresh and flavorful- anytime you want it. The stainless steel Cuisinart Espresso Maker is the real thing and looks like the professional it is. Make espresso in your own kitchen, then use the stainless steam nozzle and frothing cup to turn it into cappuccino or latte. You can even heat the cups on the warming plate on top-just like the pros! 15 bars of pressure guarantee perfect results!
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Maker
Cuisinart lets you prepare gourmet quality espresso at home! With a system that allows you to pre-select serving size, 15 bars of pressure for maximum flavor and the option of using ground espresso or pods, you’re in control. A separate steam function and stainless steel nozzle make it easy to froth milk for cappuccinos and smooth lattes. With a removable drip tray and cover, and a filter holder with a locking mechanism clean up is quick and easy.
The Quest for a Perfect Espresso
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1: WATER
When brewing espresso, make sure the water flows through the filter at the correct pace. The water flow can be adjusted by varying the pressure with which the coffee is taped in the filter or by altering the grind of coffee. If the speed of the water is slow the coffee will be over extracted and will be very dark and bitter, with a spotted and uneven creme (froth) on the top. If the speed of the water flow is too fast, the coffee will be under-extracted and the supreme flavor will not develop. The coffee will be diluted and there will be an inadequate amount of crème on the top.
Element 2: COFFEE
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a cafe, you need to use the same quality beans. If you choose to grind your own beans, buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two week supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy smaller supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans and store them in airtight containers in a cool, dry area. They should not be kept for longer than 1 month as flavor will diminish. Do not refrigerate or freeze coffee beans.
Element 3: GRIND
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If using a pre-ground coffee, be sure to purchase an espresso grind that is specifically for espresso/cappuccino machines. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will occur with a spotted and uneven crema on top. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too rapidly and there will be an inadequate amount of crema on the top of the espresso.
Element 4: TAMPING THE COFFEE GROUNDS
If you choose to use ground espresso instead of pods, tamping the coffee is a very important part of the coffee making process. Use the scoop supplied to fill the filter basket, then using the tamping tool, tamp down the grounds with moderate pressure. Add more coffee and tamp again if necessary to bring coffee to level. Do not overfill the filter basket. The ground coffee should be tamped with moderate pressure. If the coffee is not tamped securely, there is a chance the water will flow through the coffee to rapidly and the coffee will be under-extracted. Note: if the coffee is tamped too firmly, the water will flow through the coffee too slowly and the coffee will be over-extracted.
Features and Benefits
- Water reservoir lid
- Removable 53-ounce water reservoir
- Large cup warming plate
- 15-bar pump
- Heating light: Will illuminate indicating that espresso machine is adjusting the temperature of the heating system.
- Steam/Hot water knob: To use the hot water function, the Steam/Hot Water Knob must be turned the ‘double drip’ setting.
- Function knob: Three settings – steam, hot water, make coffee.
- Portafilter holder: Can be used with ground or pod espresso. Has two positions, lock and unlock, for ease of cleaning.
- Brew head: For easy fit of the portafilter holder.
- Commercial steam wand: Use to steam milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Removable drip tray: Removable drip tray with grate.
- Cleaning pins: Used to clean any excess milk that gets stuck inside the steam wand or any coffee particles that get stuck inside the filter basket.
- Stainless frothing pitcher: Used for steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Measuring scoop/tamping tool: Use one side as a coffee scoop and the other to compact the coffee grounds in the filter basket prior to brewing.
- Filter baskets: Use the one cup filter for a single espresso and the two cup filter basket for the double espresso, and the pod filter basket for espresso pods.
Guide to the Perfect Espresso
- You may want to preheat the cups by filling them with hot water; this will help preserve the crema of the espresso. Set the cups aside.
- Select the appropriate filter basket and insert it in the portafilter handle.
- Using the measuring scoop place finely ground coffee in the filter basket holder. Use one scoop for one cup and two scoops for two cups, or place espresso pod into filter basket holder.
- Rest the portafilter handle with the filter basket in position on the countertop. Using the tamping tool, apply moderate packing pressure. Add more coffee and tamp again if necessary to bring coffee to level.
- Brush any excess grounds form around the edge of the filter basket.
- Secure the portafilter holder onto the brew head.
- Check to see if the espresso machine is ready for use. Remember that if the heating light is on, the espresso machine is still adjusting the temperature of the heating system. Turn the function knob clockwise to the picture of the cup espresso setting to start the pour and turn it back to the off position to stop.
- Check the espresso pour and serve immediately.
Guide to Milk Texturing
Milk texturing is the steaming of milk. The steam does two things: it heats the milk and mixes air with the milk to form a creamy texture. As with learning to make an espresso, perfecting the art of milk texturing takes time and practice. Easy to follow steps are outlined in the Instruction Booklet.
Using the Hot Water Function
When using the hot water function make sure that the steam/hot water knob is in the double drip hot water setting.
Place the cup or container under the steam/hot water nozzle and turn the function knob to the steam/hot water setting. Once you have dispensed the required amount, stop the hot water by turning the function knob to the off position. Remove the cup or container and swing the steam/hot water wand over the drip tray to catch any drips of water.
- Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
- Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
- 53-ounce removable reservoir; porta-filter holder; cup-warming plate
- Steam nozzle; frothing cup; removable drip tray; tamping tool included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Note : Please check user manual ( Page number 2 and 3), trouble shooting document and Video for set up and trouble shooting steps for the usage and set up instructions for smooth usage of the product.
Best espresso machines
- The coffee maker helps you make your choice of different coffees such as lattes, mochas using the espresso and milk frothing function
- The high performance 15 bar pump pressure has a dual cup dispense combined with 7 g and 14 g filter holders to allow for one or two cups
- The milk frothing arm mixes steam, air and milk to produce a rich, creamy froth, and with the espresso function creates required coffees
- The water tank is easily removed or for extra convenience can be filled in-situ, with a 1.2 L capacity can provide 8 espressos
- The filter holder and tamper will help you create the required crema on your espressos to ensure you can enjoy a high quality coffee
- Use ESE pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder.
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- On/off indicator light
- Filter holder with crema device
- 15 bar Pump Pressure
- Professional Steam Arm for frothing milk
- Filter Holder and Tamper
- Removeable 1 litre Water Tank
- Accepts full-size cappuccino or 2 espresso cups
- Stylish bean-to-cup espresso/cappuccino machine with professional 15-bar pump pressure
- Suitable for fresh coffee beans, ground coffee
- Traditional stainless steel milk frothing arm and built-in burr grinder
- Advanced dual boiler system, removable brewing unit and drip tray, active cup warmer and adjustable height dispenser
- Bean-to-cup quality with simple 1-touch operation
- Thermoblock heating systems
- 15 bar professional pressure
- Ready to use in 35 seconds
- Manual milk frother
- Anti drip system
- Make and enjoy espressos, cappuccinos and lattes
- Thermoblock heating system makes this machine ready to use in just 40 seconds
- 15 bar professional pressure
- High gloss finish with chrome detailing
- Works with ground coffee or ESE pods
- 800 Watt espresso and cappuccino machine with 4-cup carafe capacity (240ml) 3.5 bar working pressure for rich taste coffee. With frothing function for making cappuccino, espresso, latte & more
- Safety boiler cap with built-in valve, release pressure automatically system, aluminum alloy filter holder with protective thumb guard for safe use Single knob for function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off, easy control with indicator light Stainless steel decoration, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning, carefe with water level gauge, 0.02 inch stainless steel filter
- 800W - 320mm (w) x 200mm (l) x 332mm (h) single illuminated dial makes it easy to operate GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified, BS Plug
- Contemporary red and black design will add a stylish splash of colour to your kitchen.Compatible with ground coffee. Features milk frothing arm, removable drip tray With 4 cups stainless steel filter, Aluminumum Alloy filter holder, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning
- 3.5 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required.
- Make coffee shop style espressos, lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate in the comfort of your own kitchen
- 4 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided
- Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required. Compatible with ground coffee.
- Features milk frothing arm, temperature gauge and removable drip tray. Includes coffee measuring scoop with tamper. Power: 850W, Size: 30.5 x 23.5 x 29 cm
- Easy to use - fully automatic drink preparation with a press of a button
- Enjoy more than 35 drinks varieties from famous brands
- No heat up time after switch-on; ready to start your drink instantly
- Compact design to fit the smallest of spaces
- Easy cleaning; automatic cleaning and descaling program and dishwasher proof parts
- Features: 850 watt power output, Makes one or two cups, Milk Frothing and steam function, Hot water button, 15 bar high pressure pump boiler for full bodied coffee, Safety valve to auto release pressure, 1.2L, detachable water tank, Removable and washable drip tray
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: H31.5 x L19.5 x D29cm
- Weight: 3kg, Care Instructions: Clean exterior with a moisture proof sponge. Clean water tank, drip tray, removable shelf and metal funnel in water.
- Guarantee: 2 years, Assembly: Fully assembled. Full instructions provided.
- Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability, resulting in balanced flavours in the cup
- Hot Water function dispenses hot water from the steam wand spout for Americanos and pre-heating cups
- Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- Low pressure pre infusion gradually increases to provide an even extraction
- Easily adjustable steam wand for texturing milk
- Create coffee house standard drinks in your own kitchen - makes espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas and hot chocolate
- Powerful 15 bar pump pressure produces a delicious cream and a stronger, more flavourful coffee. Built in cup warming plate ensures drinks stay at the perfect temperature
- Can accommodate two espresso cups at once or one full size cappuccino cup. Steaming feature with steam control dial and steam wand produces perfectly frothy milk.
- Features detachable drip tray and removable 1.5L water tank. Comes complete with coffee measuring scoop. Dishwasher safe parts
- Inbuilt grinder takes you from whole beans to espresso in under a minute
- Automatic hands free dosing, delivers a consistent volume of consistently ground coffee into your filter with one-touch
- Low pressure pre-infusion gently soaks the coffee allowing it to expand prior to its high pressure extraction for a balanced taste
- High pressure steam output for barista quality milk texturing
- Separate hot water wand for pre-heating cups or making a long black or an Americano
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Exclusive and easy-to-clean safety inspection value patented by Bialetti
- Personalised coffee as the blend quantity and quality can be selected directly in the filter - makes 5-6 cups of espresso coffee
- Made in Italy with food grade aluminium and heat resistant nylon
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 11.4. Hand wash only
- Compact, solid, hand-powered portable coffee machine for perfect espresso on the go
- Simple to fill and operate
- Built-in espresso cup and scoop
- Holds up to 7g of coffee; Water capacity of 70ml ; 8 bar pressure
- Dimensions: 17.5cm x 7cm x 6 cm; Weight: 360 grams; Materials: PBT, PP and stainless steel. 100% BPA free
- MAKE PERFECT ESPRESSOS - Make delicious Italian barista style espressos at home.
- MILK FROTHING - Milk frothing function so you can make luxurious lattes or great tasting cappuccinos.
- EASY TO USE - No complicated settings, pods or attachments, just traditional coffee making at its best.
- SIMPLE CLEANING - The removable drip tray and filter holder can be removed for easy cleaning.
- STYLISH - Add a touch of sophistication to your home with the modern, sleek design of this Italian espresso machine.
- High glossy finishing with chrome details
- Auto off function after 20 minutes
- ECO button to modify the auto off time
- Transparent and removable water reservoir (capacity: 1.4 L)
- Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use
- The Hotpoint Compact Espresso Machine in sleek black fits seamlessly on the worktop with compact design.
- Touch controls on the appliance not only look stylish but ensure easy option selection and operation
- Hotpoint coffee machines use the Iperespresso system developed by illy, for a pure aroma and perfect crema.
- 19-Bar pressure, ideal for great coffee
- Coffee never touches components, guaranteeing a unique, pure result.
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Durable and rust proof with a polished, satin-finished steel
- Suitable for induction hobs
- Makes up to 6 cups of espresso coffee
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 16.3. Hand wash only
- Aluminium Coffee Maker
- To be washed by hand
- Suitable for all kind of heat sources (not induction)
espressomachinessale.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.Last update on 2017-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API