Review DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta Digital Super-Automatic Espresso Machine, Metallic Blue
Brew cafe-quality espresso, cappuccino, latte, and more with this super-automatic home espresso machine. The unit’s user-friendly control panel with digital programmable menu settings allows for choosing from five coffee-strength settings–extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra strong, as well as the cup size, from small (ristretto) to large (American coffee). The electronic control panel also makes it easy to adjust the start time, one- to three-hour automatic shut-off, clock, temperature of the coffee, and water hardness. In addition, an integrated lower-pitch conical burr grinder offers 13 grind settings for adjusting the fineness for all types of beans, and the beans grind right before brewing to ensure consistently fresh, aromatic espresso or coffee. The unit’s Direct-to-Brew System with Thermoblock technology ensures excellent heat distribution, while its 15 bars of pressure and double boiler with espresso boiler means no waiting between frothing milk and brewing espresso. Adjust the height of the coffee spout for brewing directly into espresso, demitasse, or 12-ounce cups.
For perfect cappuccino and latte, simply place the included 25-ounce milk container under the nozzle and press the button for quick frothing or steaming. The amounts of frothed/steamed milk and coffee can be adjusted, and the milk container can go in the refrigerator for storing leftovers. The espresso machine’s removable 60-ounce water tank with a water-level indicator fills easily at the sink, and its removable used-coffee container and drip tray offers convenient cleaning and easy disposal of coffee waste (14 single espresso or 7 double espresso). Other highlights include a built-in water filter, an instant reheat function, a hot-water spout, a 7-ounce coffee-bean container, and a warming plate on top for preheating cups, as well as an automatic-decalcification indicator light, an automatic push-button cleaning function, and dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup. The 1350-watt espresso machine measures 17-1/2 by 11-1/7 by 14-7/8 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
|Capable of preparing espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte drinks, and more, De’Longhi’s Perfecta digital super-automatic 1,350-watt espresso machine provides an array of convenient features. Height-adjustable coffee spouts make it easy to brew directly into espresso, demitasse, or 12-ounce cups, and its instant reheat function keeps the machine at an ideal temperature, no matter how long the interval between cups. The unit’s easy-to-use control panel with digital programmable menu settings allows you to adjust start time, auto shut-off and clock. You can even adjust the temperature of the coffee and water hardness. Plus, there are five settings for coffee strength: extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra strong. The rotary control panel allows you to easily choose the size of cup you want from small (risretto) to large (American coffee).|
In addition, the espresso machine offers a unique direct-to-brew system that includes an integrated burr grinder with adjustable fineness settings that automatically grinds coffee beans right before brewing for exceptionally aromatic espresso. The unit also comes equipped with a patented single-touch cappuccino/latte system, which includes a 25-ounce milk container and a detachable container and lid. It can easily froth milk for cappuccinos or steam milk for lattes. Place the cup under the nozzle and press just one button, the unit will automatically deliver a perfect cappuccino or latte every time. The amounts of frothed/steamed milk and coffee are adjustable, and the entire container is detachable, so it can easily be placed in the refrigerator. A unique automatic cleaning function cleans with the push of a button and dishwasher-safe parts provide quick cleanup.
Another unique feature is the statistics function that displays lifetime use of the machine: how many coffees have been brewed, cappuccinos made, liters of water used, how many times you have decalcified the unit. Other highlights include a cup warmer, a 7.1-ounce bean container, 60-ounce removable water reservoir with a water-level indicator, 1-3 hour adjustable automatic shut-off, a hot water spout for tea or hot chocolate, and decalcification system indicates when it’s time to clean the machine. Designed and engineered in Italy, the espresso machine measures 15 by 11 by 14 inches and carries a two-year warranty.
Features & Specifications
Brewing Unit: The “Heart” of Perfecta
| The Perfecta features the smallest removable brewing system available on the market. Because DeLonghi’s new stainless-steel double boiler is so compact, the excellent heat distribution guarantees a perfect espresso at the ideal temperature every time. And, thanks to the removable brew unit, cleaning the inside of the machine is easy. Even areas normally difficult to reach can be easily cleaned. And because regular maintenance helps prolong the life of the machine, DeLonghi’s reliability is second to none.|
One of the secrets to making a high-quality espresso is using freshly ground coffee beans. Because of the direct-to-brew system, the Perfecta offers you coffee that has a delicious aroma. The coffee is freshly ground and no traces are left in the machine. Perfecta is the only super-automatic machine that delivers the freshest results.
- Patented “Single Touch” hot milk system. Simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine. Clean button makes it easy to maintain
- Easy-to-use digital control panel with programmable menu settings
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented “Direct-to-Brew” system. Brewing system is compact and removable for easy cleaning
- No waiting between preparing espresso and cappuccino with the double boiler system
- Professional-quality conical low-pitch burr grinder. Grind settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all types of beans
- Utilize De’Longhi’s specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine at 866-528-8323 (LatteBest)
Best espresso machines
- The coffee maker helps you make your choice of different coffees such as lattes, mochas using the espresso and milk frothing function
- The high performance 15 bar pump pressure has a dual cup dispense combined with 7 g and 14 g filter holders to allow for one or two cups
- The milk frothing arm mixes steam, air and milk to produce a rich, creamy froth, and with the espresso function creates required coffees
- The water tank is easily removed or for extra convenience can be filled in-situ, with a 1.2 L capacity can provide 8 espressos
- The filter holder and tamper will help you create the required crema on your espressos to ensure you can enjoy a high quality coffee
- Dual-shot brewing to make 2 single shots at once, aluminum alloy filter holder attached with dual-stainless filter to improve coffee quality can make ground coffee
- Die-casting aluminum alloy boiler, with safety vale, can automatcially release pressure device. Safe and reliable, with overheating and overpressure proteched device
- The drip tray is easy to remove, washable for collecting coffee drips, keep brew space neat and clean. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups
- The 1.6L detachable transparent water tank is simple to remove, refill and reattach, and the water level is easily visible to eliminate the guesswork
- Simple pushing button operation, 3 switches with indicator lights to make coffee or steam fast and conveniently
- Use ESE pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder.
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- On/off indicator light
- Filter holder with crema device
- Make coffee shop style espressos, lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate in the comfort of your own kitchen
- 4 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided
- Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required. Compatible with ground coffee.
- Features milk frothing arm, temperature gauge and removable drip tray. Includes coffee measuring scoop with tamper. Power: 850W, Size: 30.5 x 23.5 x 29 cm
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Thermoblock heating systems
- 15 bar professional pressure
- Ready to use in 35 seconds
- Manual milk frother
- Anti drip system
- Stylish bean-to-cup espresso/cappuccino machine with professional 15-bar pump pressure
- Suitable for fresh coffee beans, ground coffee
- Traditional stainless steel milk frothing arm and built-in burr grinder
- Advanced dual boiler system, removable brewing unit and drip tray, active cup warmer and adjustable height dispenser
- Bean-to-cup quality with simple 1-touch operation
- Easy to use - fully automatic drink preparation with a press of a button
- Enjoy more than 35 drinks varieties from famous brands
- No heat up time after switch-on; ready to start your drink instantly
- Compact design to fit the smallest of spaces
- Easy cleaning; automatic cleaning and descaling program and dishwasher proof parts
- The LIVIVO ® Professional Espresso Maker lets you indulge in exceptional coffee, espresso, cappuccino or latte brewed to a high standard without the need to pay the inflated prices at coffee houses and cafes. Suitable for the home or the office, it is designed to brew superior tasting coffee by forcing high pressure water through ground coffee to infuse and produce an exceptional full bodied coffee flavour. You'll never drink Instant Coffee Again!
- SUPERIOR COFFEE - Capable of making four Espresso cups (240ml) of strong coffee in as little as five minutes, the LIVIVO ® Professional Espresso Maker is packed with features and the tools needed to create superb beverages without the barista training. A powerful 3.5 bar working pressure and 0.02 Inch Stainless Steel Filter deliver a strong cup of espresso, the Milk Frothing Arm allows you to craft your favourite Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha to your own personal taste.
- STYLISH, SIMPLE AND SAFE - With its Sturdy Stainless Steel Construction and Choice of Eye-Catching Colours, The LIVIVO ® Professional Espresso Maker is designed to deliver exceptional results, while being exceptionally simple to use. The Single Control with a built in indicator light is easy to operate, the Cool touch Handle Carafe with water level gauge for allows for easy measuring and the removable, and washable drip tray allows for easy cleaning.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - 800W Power, 230V/50Hz Power Supply, GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified, Standard 3-Pin UK Plug. 2.7Kg Weight, Choice of Black/Silver or Red/Silver Colour, Stainless Steel and Plastic Material. Box Includes: LIVIVO ® Professional Espresso Maker, Carafe, Spoon, Funnel Holder, Filter and User Manual.
- DIMENSIONS - W20CM x D32CM x H33CM / W8" x D12.5" x H13" (approx)
- Smart Espresso Coffee Machine with eye-catching brushed stainless steel design
- 15 bar pump makes a perfect crema for professional quality, barista-style coffees at home
- Steam wand froths milk so you can enjoy authentic lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos
- Cup warmer ensures delicious hot coffee every time, hot water function allows other drinks to be made too
- Dishwasher safe accessories!
- 800 Watt espresso and cappuccino machine with 4-cup carafe capacity (240ml) 3.5 bar working pressure for rich taste coffee. With frothing function for making cappuccino, espresso, latte & more
- Safety boiler cap with built-in valve, release pressure automatically system, aluminum alloy filter holder with protective thumb guard for safe use Single knob for function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off, easy control with indicator light Stainless steel decoration, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning, carefe with water level gauge, 0.02 inch stainless steel filter
- 800W - 320mm (w) x 200mm (l) x 332mm (h) single illuminated dial makes it easy to operate GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified, BS Plug
- Contemporary red and black design will add a stylish splash of colour to your kitchen.Compatible with ground coffee. Features milk frothing arm, removable drip tray With 4 cups stainless steel filter, Aluminumum Alloy filter holder, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning
- 3.5 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required.
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Exclusive and easy-to-clean safety inspection value patented by Bialetti
- Personalised coffee as the blend quantity and quality can be selected directly in the filter - makes 5-6 cups of espresso coffee
- Made in Italy with food grade aluminium and heat resistant nylon
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 11.4. Hand wash only
- Self priming system machine meaning it is always ready for use
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- Adjustable steam emission
- Filter holder with crema device
- Inbuilt grinder takes you from whole beans to espresso in under a minute
- Automatic hands free dosing, delivers a consistent volume of consistently ground coffee into your filter with one-touch
- Low pressure pre-infusion gently soaks the coffee allowing it to expand prior to its high pressure extraction for a balanced taste
- High pressure steam output for barista quality milk texturing
- Separate hot water wand for pre-heating cups or making a long black or an Americano
- High glossy finishing with chrome details
- Auto off function after 20 minutes
- ECO button to modify the auto off time
- Transparent and removable water reservoir (capacity: 1.4 L)
- Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use
- MAKE PERFECT ESPRESSOS - Make delicious Italian barista style espressos at home.
- MILK FROTHING - Milk frothing function so you can make luxurious lattes or great tasting cappuccinos.
- EASY TO USE - No complicated settings, pods or attachments, just traditional coffee making at its best.
- SIMPLE CLEANING - The removable drip tray and filter holder can be removed for easy cleaning.
- STYLISH - Add a touch of sophistication to your home with the modern, sleek design of this Italian espresso machine.
- Compact espresso machine, capable of making quality espresso.Christmas gift ,Delivery time only need 7-12 days
- Perfectly designed for the coffee lover on the go,Just 2.7 oz hot water and 7g coffer powder,simple &easy for using
- Providing good coffee anywhere. With 8 bar pressure, it produce coffee and espresso which has rich flavor, lower acidity or bitterness
- High quality Espresso: it is using good pressure (Up to 8 bar) to brew hot water through ground coffee quickly
- Simple regular cleaning: don't need any special maintenance. The open design makes the regular cleaning simple and quick
- Coffee shop quality makes espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas and hot chocolate.
- 15 bar powerful pressure pump for a fuller coffee shop flavour coffee. Die-casting aluminium alloy boiler. Stainless steel finish. Dishwasher safe parts. 1050W Power.
- 1.50L detachable water tank. Dual-stainless steel filter (2 cups) to improve coffee quality. With high pressure frothing function to make cappuccinos or other hot frothy beverages.
- Detachable drip tray and removable 1.5L water tank. Can make two espresso cups at once or one full size cappuccino cup.
- Steam control dial and steam pipe produces perfectly frothy milk. Built in cup warmer ensures your drinks stays at the perfect temperature.
- Features: 850 watt power output, Makes one or two cups, Milk Frothing and steam function, Hot water button, 15 bar high pressure pump boiler for full bodied coffee, Safety valve to auto release pressure, 1.2L, detachable water tank, Removable and washable drip tray
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: H31.5 x L19.5 x D29cm
- Weight: 3kg, Care Instructions: Clean exterior with a moisture proof sponge. Clean water tank, drip tray, removable shelf and metal funnel in water.
- Guarantee: 2 years, Assembly: Fully assembled. Full instructions provided.
- Make and enjoy espressos, cappuccinos and lattes
- Thermoblock heating system makes this machine ready to use in just 40 seconds
- 15 bar professional pressure
- High gloss finish with chrome detailing
- Works with ground coffee or ESE pods
- The built-in Coffee Grinder on this bean to cup Coffee Machine means you can enjoy fresh coffee straight from the bean
- Grind control, strength control and 24 hour programmable timer for a perfect cup at the perfect time
- The coffee machine has an eco-friendly reusable mesh filter and can also be used with ready ground or filter coffee for the perfect espresso coffee
- With a 1.5L carafe and water tank, the machine makes up to 12 cups of coffee so is ideal for the home or office
- Clear digital controls
espressomachinessale.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.Last update on 2017-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API