Review DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta Digital Super-Automatic Espresso Machine, Metallic Blue
Brew cafe-quality espresso, cappuccino, latte, and more with this super-automatic home espresso machine. The unit’s user-friendly control panel with digital programmable menu settings allows for choosing from five coffee-strength settings–extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra strong, as well as the cup size, from small (ristretto) to large (American coffee). The electronic control panel also makes it easy to adjust the start time, one- to three-hour automatic shut-off, clock, temperature of the coffee, and water hardness. In addition, an integrated lower-pitch conical burr grinder offers 13 grind settings for adjusting the fineness for all types of beans, and the beans grind right before brewing to ensure consistently fresh, aromatic espresso or coffee. The unit’s Direct-to-Brew System with Thermoblock technology ensures excellent heat distribution, while its 15 bars of pressure and double boiler with espresso boiler means no waiting between frothing milk and brewing espresso. Adjust the height of the coffee spout for brewing directly into espresso, demitasse, or 12-ounce cups.
For perfect cappuccino and latte, simply place the included 25-ounce milk container under the nozzle and press the button for quick frothing or steaming. The amounts of frothed/steamed milk and coffee can be adjusted, and the milk container can go in the refrigerator for storing leftovers. The espresso machine’s removable 60-ounce water tank with a water-level indicator fills easily at the sink, and its removable used-coffee container and drip tray offers convenient cleaning and easy disposal of coffee waste (14 single espresso or 7 double espresso). Other highlights include a built-in water filter, an instant reheat function, a hot-water spout, a 7-ounce coffee-bean container, and a warming plate on top for preheating cups, as well as an automatic-decalcification indicator light, an automatic push-button cleaning function, and dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup. The 1350-watt espresso machine measures 17-1/2 by 11-1/7 by 14-7/8 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
|Capable of preparing espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte drinks, and more, De’Longhi’s Perfecta digital super-automatic 1,350-watt espresso machine provides an array of convenient features. Height-adjustable coffee spouts make it easy to brew directly into espresso, demitasse, or 12-ounce cups, and its instant reheat function keeps the machine at an ideal temperature, no matter how long the interval between cups. The unit’s easy-to-use control panel with digital programmable menu settings allows you to adjust start time, auto shut-off and clock. You can even adjust the temperature of the coffee and water hardness. Plus, there are five settings for coffee strength: extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra strong. The rotary control panel allows you to easily choose the size of cup you want from small (risretto) to large (American coffee).|
In addition, the espresso machine offers a unique direct-to-brew system that includes an integrated burr grinder with adjustable fineness settings that automatically grinds coffee beans right before brewing for exceptionally aromatic espresso. The unit also comes equipped with a patented single-touch cappuccino/latte system, which includes a 25-ounce milk container and a detachable container and lid. It can easily froth milk for cappuccinos or steam milk for lattes. Place the cup under the nozzle and press just one button, the unit will automatically deliver a perfect cappuccino or latte every time. The amounts of frothed/steamed milk and coffee are adjustable, and the entire container is detachable, so it can easily be placed in the refrigerator. A unique automatic cleaning function cleans with the push of a button and dishwasher-safe parts provide quick cleanup.
Another unique feature is the statistics function that displays lifetime use of the machine: how many coffees have been brewed, cappuccinos made, liters of water used, how many times you have decalcified the unit. Other highlights include a cup warmer, a 7.1-ounce bean container, 60-ounce removable water reservoir with a water-level indicator, 1-3 hour adjustable automatic shut-off, a hot water spout for tea or hot chocolate, and decalcification system indicates when it’s time to clean the machine. Designed and engineered in Italy, the espresso machine measures 15 by 11 by 14 inches and carries a two-year warranty.
Features & Specifications
Brewing Unit: The “Heart” of Perfecta
| The Perfecta features the smallest removable brewing system available on the market. Because DeLonghi’s new stainless-steel double boiler is so compact, the excellent heat distribution guarantees a perfect espresso at the ideal temperature every time. And, thanks to the removable brew unit, cleaning the inside of the machine is easy. Even areas normally difficult to reach can be easily cleaned. And because regular maintenance helps prolong the life of the machine, DeLonghi’s reliability is second to none.|
One of the secrets to making a high-quality espresso is using freshly ground coffee beans. Because of the direct-to-brew system, the Perfecta offers you coffee that has a delicious aroma. The coffee is freshly ground and no traces are left in the machine. Perfecta is the only super-automatic machine that delivers the freshest results.
- Patented “Single Touch” hot milk system. Simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine. Clean button makes it easy to maintain
- Easy-to-use digital control panel with programmable menu settings
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented “Direct-to-Brew” system. Brewing system is compact and removable for easy cleaning
- No waiting between preparing espresso and cappuccino with the double boiler system
- Professional-quality conical low-pitch burr grinder. Grind settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all types of beans
- Utilize De’Longhi’s specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine at 866-528-8323 (LatteBest)
Best espresso machines
- The coffee maker helps you make your choice of different coffees such as lattes, mochas using the espresso and milk frothing function
- The high performance 15 bar pump pressure has a dual cup dispense combined with 7 g and 14 g filter holders to allow for one or two cups
- The milk frothing arm mixes steam, air and milk to produce a rich, creamy froth, and with the espresso function creates required coffees
- The water tank is easily removed or for extra convenience can be filled in-situ, with a 1.2 L capacity can provide 8 espressos
- The filter holder and tamper will help you create the required crema on your espressos to ensure you can enjoy a high quality coffee
- Use ESE pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder.
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- On/off indicator light
- Filter holder with crema device
- 15 bar Pump Pressure
- Professional Steam Arm for frothing milk
- Filter Holder and Tamper
- Removeable 1 litre Water Tank
- Accepts full-size cappuccino or 2 espresso cups
- Stylish bean-to-cup espresso/cappuccino machine with professional 15-bar pump pressure
- Suitable for fresh coffee beans, ground coffee
- Traditional stainless steel milk frothing arm and built-in burr grinder
- Advanced dual boiler system, removable brewing unit and drip tray, active cup warmer and adjustable height dispenser
- Bean-to-cup quality with simple 1-touch operation
- Thermoblock heating systems
- 15 bar professional pressure
- Ready to use in 35 seconds
- Manual milk frother
- Anti drip system
- Make and enjoy espressos, cappuccinos and lattes
- Thermoblock heating system makes this machine ready to use in just 40 seconds
- 15 bar professional pressure
- High gloss finish with chrome detailing
- Works with ground coffee or ESE pods
- 800 Watt espresso and cappuccino machine with 4-cup carafe capacity (240ml) 3.5 bar working pressure for rich taste coffee. With frothing function for making cappuccino, espresso, latte & more
- Safety boiler cap with built-in valve, release pressure automatically system, aluminum alloy filter holder with protective thumb guard for safe use Single knob for function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off, easy control with indicator light Stainless steel decoration, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning, carefe with water level gauge, 0.02 inch stainless steel filter
- 800W - 320mm (w) x 200mm (l) x 332mm (h) single illuminated dial makes it easy to operate GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified, BS Plug
- Contemporary red and black design will add a stylish splash of colour to your kitchen.Compatible with ground coffee. Features milk frothing arm, removable drip tray With 4 cups stainless steel filter, Aluminumum Alloy filter holder, removable & washable drip tray for easy cleaning
- 3.5 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required.
- Make coffee shop style espressos, lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate in the comfort of your own kitchen
- 4 bar pump pressure produces a flavourful, full bodied coffee with a tasty, foamy crema. Brews directly into the decanter provided
- Strong stainless steel mesh filter - no paper filters required. Compatible with ground coffee.
- Features milk frothing arm, temperature gauge and removable drip tray. Includes coffee measuring scoop with tamper. Power: 850W, Size: 30.5 x 23.5 x 29 cm
- Easy to use - fully automatic drink preparation with a press of a button
- Enjoy more than 35 drinks varieties from famous brands
- No heat up time after switch-on; ready to start your drink instantly
- Compact design to fit the smallest of spaces
- Easy cleaning; automatic cleaning and descaling program and dishwasher proof parts
- Features: 850 watt power output, Makes one or two cups, Milk Frothing and steam function, Hot water button, 15 bar high pressure pump boiler for full bodied coffee, Safety valve to auto release pressure, 1.2L, detachable water tank, Removable and washable drip tray
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: H31.5 x L19.5 x D29cm
- Weight: 3kg, Care Instructions: Clean exterior with a moisture proof sponge. Clean water tank, drip tray, removable shelf and metal funnel in water.
- Guarantee: 2 years, Assembly: Fully assembled. Full instructions provided.
- Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability, resulting in balanced flavours in the cup
- Hot Water function dispenses hot water from the steam wand spout for Americanos and pre-heating cups
- Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- Low pressure pre infusion gradually increases to provide an even extraction
- Easily adjustable steam wand for texturing milk
- Create coffee house standard drinks in your own kitchen - makes espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, mochas and hot chocolate
- Powerful 15 bar pump pressure produces a delicious cream and a stronger, more flavourful coffee. Built in cup warming plate ensures drinks stay at the perfect temperature
- Can accommodate two espresso cups at once or one full size cappuccino cup. Steaming feature with steam control dial and steam wand produces perfectly frothy milk.
- Features detachable drip tray and removable 1.5L water tank. Comes complete with coffee measuring scoop. Dishwasher safe parts
- Inbuilt grinder takes you from whole beans to espresso in under a minute
- Automatic hands free dosing, delivers a consistent volume of consistently ground coffee into your filter with one-touch
- Low pressure pre-infusion gently soaks the coffee allowing it to expand prior to its high pressure extraction for a balanced taste
- High pressure steam output for barista quality milk texturing
- Separate hot water wand for pre-heating cups or making a long black or an Americano
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Exclusive and easy-to-clean safety inspection value patented by Bialetti
- Personalised coffee as the blend quantity and quality can be selected directly in the filter - makes 5-6 cups of espresso coffee
- Made in Italy with food grade aluminium and heat resistant nylon
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 11.4. Hand wash only
- Compact, solid, hand-powered portable coffee machine for perfect espresso on the go
- Simple to fill and operate
- Built-in espresso cup and scoop
- Holds up to 7g of coffee; Water capacity of 70ml ; 8 bar pressure
- Dimensions: 17.5cm x 7cm x 6 cm; Weight: 360 grams; Materials: PBT, PP and stainless steel. 100% BPA free
- MAKE PERFECT ESPRESSOS - Make delicious Italian barista style espressos at home.
- MILK FROTHING - Milk frothing function so you can make luxurious lattes or great tasting cappuccinos.
- EASY TO USE - No complicated settings, pods or attachments, just traditional coffee making at its best.
- SIMPLE CLEANING - The removable drip tray and filter holder can be removed for easy cleaning.
- STYLISH - Add a touch of sophistication to your home with the modern, sleek design of this Italian espresso machine.
- High glossy finishing with chrome details
- Auto off function after 20 minutes
- ECO button to modify the auto off time
- Transparent and removable water reservoir (capacity: 1.4 L)
- Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use
- The Hotpoint Compact Espresso Machine in sleek black fits seamlessly on the worktop with compact design.
- Touch controls on the appliance not only look stylish but ensure easy option selection and operation
- Hotpoint coffee machines use the Iperespresso system developed by illy, for a pure aroma and perfect crema.
- 19-Bar pressure, ideal for great coffee
- Coffee never touches components, guaranteeing a unique, pure result.
- An evolution of the original Moka Express model created in 1933
- Durable and rust proof with a polished, satin-finished steel
- Suitable for induction hobs
- Makes up to 6 cups of espresso coffee
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 16.3 x 16.3. Hand wash only
- Aluminium Coffee Maker
- To be washed by hand
- Suitable for all kind of heat sources (not induction)
espressomachinessale.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.Last update on 2017-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API